At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re dedicated to protecting the environment, including locally in San Antonio. Whether it’s done through our own business practices or selling energy-saving products, we make every effort to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help strengthen the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll experience the benefits all year long.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with selections based on specific climates. The styles below give our best energy efficiency and protection from the sun and temperatures year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to improve energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also uses insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made using three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler when it’s hot outside. This option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to add energy efficiency.
Consult your San Antonio Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass choices or our recommendations for the San Antonio region.
What’s Your Energy Efficiency?
You can figure out your energy efficiency by looking at three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – more layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella uses it between two or more glass panes to give additional insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home during the summer months and inside the room in the winter; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Innovative Solutions for San Antonio Area Home
We’ve added features to help our products increase your energy efficiency, including:
- Various combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.